It’s Wednesday so it’s the day of the week where I post dishes I’ve cooked! Let’s start cooking! 🙂
Chicken Afritada is a popular Pinoy dish. The main ingredient is Chicken and it’s cooked in tomato sauce together with potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers. You can also add gree peas.
Red Bell Peppers (optional)
Green peas (optional)
1. Cut tomatoes and carrots into cubes. Saute in oil together with green peas and red bell peppers. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, saute onion and garlic until translucent and aromatic.
3. Add chicken and cook until tender.
4. Add the cubed potatoes and carrots, bell peppers, and green peas. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Add the tomato sauce and stir until the sauce gets incorporated on the ingredients.
6. Add a bit of water, fish sauce, and salt to taste. Let simmer until cooked.
It’s funny that I’m writing this recipe. I actually failed when I cooked this. I put too much tomato sauce and it tasted like we’re eating spaghetti 🙂 I was able to remedy that by putting pineapple tidbits 🙂 The taste became sweeter and much better. So I call my version Tropical Afritada. 🙂 This is also usually cooked with green peas and red bell pepper but I didn’t with mine. I didn’t like bell peppers and I forgot to buy green peas.
Let me know if you tried this and if you liked it! 🙂