This is a simple Pinoy corn dish with malunggay leaves, small shrimp, and meat. The soup can be creamy or otherwise, based on your liking.
Uncooked corn cub
1. Remove the kernels from the cobs using a knife by making downward strokes. Once done, do the same on the remaining parts of the cobs. This will be used to thicken the soup later on.
2. Saute garlic, onion, shrimp, and pork.
3. Add water and corn. Cook until tender. The amount of water depends on how much soup you want. This water will also help soften the kernels as it cooks. Add the thickener.
4. Add fish sauce and salt to taste.
5. Once it’s almost done, add the malunggay leaves and cook until the leaves are cooked.
Let me know if you tried this and if you liked it! 🙂